Thursday, January 8, 2009

movie reviews

in order to create some semblence of a real website I'm going to start writing up very short movie reviews. i watch many movies and consider myself probably the most knowledgable and well opinionated film watcher on earth. true story.

I will start slowly.

Stardust: witches, fantasy, great quest, clare danes, many stars, sorta britishy, funny wittyness.
awesome flick that at first take seems like a kids movie but has enough weirdoness to appeal to all ages and sexes. I think it was under appreciated when it came out but is for surely worth a rent. some of the bit parts are genius. ricky gervais. robert de niro.
8 cheetah ladies out of 10.

transsiberian: supossively a tense thriller on a train in russia involvin a murder and ben kingsley.
it got a 90 bloody percent on rottentomatoes but i found it unwatchable. I'm not much of a hitchcock guy though. I found it to be paint by numbers sillyness and I actually fastforwarded to the end to see if my predicted conclusion would be correct: it was. maybe ill give it another try instead of turning it off 30 minutes in. or maybe ill go make a milkshake.
2 surfer dudes out of 10

No comments: