Friday, October 24, 2008

overheard at work

I will try to explain this story the best I can. may be a bit confusing and long.
So I was distributing a bunch of big black bins at work to the IT ewoks so that they could load up their belongings for the weekend for safe keeping. the reason for this? apparently there is a roach infestation in the computer nerd section of the office that needs to be taken care of. i obtained a map that showed where ground zero for the roach collony is (ravi's desk) and arranged for the pest control peoples to spray on the weekend. the fact that there is a bug problem in a big souless office like the one I work in is fucking hilarious in its own right . espeacially in the weird IT nerd area of the cubicles.(they kinda remind me of bugs as is)(they eat like mice sorta)(julie always pulls her big turtle neck up over her mouth while she works.right upto her nose. very strange)
Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnywho.
so i was distributing the bins when I overheard a funny conversation taht is a perfect example of how backwards and bizarre working in a big downtown grey company is.
maureen was leaning up against one of the cubes looking over some work when donna, ravi, and some other person walked up to her. maureen looked up from her paper and made eye contact with donna.
donna: "whats with the look?"
maureen: "what look?"
donna: "you just gave me a funny look!"
maureen: "thats just my face."
donna: "oh"
ravi: "are you sick maureen?"
maureen: "no.."
ravi: "huh, you arent?"
maureen: "no"
(donna kept standing there there awkwardly)
ravi: "oh then whats that?" pointing at a huge herpes sore on maureens lip.
maureen: " huh" awkward smile...gurgle. gurgle. ug. smile. something something...

thats when I ran the fuck out of there and hid in the elevator room for 20 minutes in the fetal position laughing my ass off.

that is all

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you totally regret making out with Maureen at the office birthday party at TGI Fridays last month.

Anonymous said...

they have internet in india?